Fayetteville, Arkansas
26 April 2008
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! It was one of those big moments in my life, seeing Sonic Youth. No, really! It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E ! I could not wait for them to start, I squirmed & stood on my tippy-toes hoping that I'd be the first to see Thurston. Or Kim. Or Steve. While waiting, and with great intensity, I watched their sound guy tune and set up all the mics. So efficient, so not taking crap from the guy running the soundboard, so getting irritated with the soundboard guy for being so slow (me too)...and looking good while doing it! Of course!
Sonic Youth are professionals, man. There wasn't too much dialogue, but I felt connected. I hope I never lose the memory of Thurston holding a drumstick over his head, like a sword, tongue sticking out, looking out over the crowd, about to offer a sweet sacrifice to the RnR universe and then... BLAOURALHHGARGGGH! To see he and Lee play guitar like that -- oh man, heart is melting! Kim Gordon, she is too too cool. I told ATM that if I were in a band, I'd rip off all of her moves. She's rock n roll! She doesn't need the band, the band needs her! She reminds me of Tina Turner, Iggy Pop, and a hippy (I know, I know), all in one. It was not lost on me that I was watching SONIC YOUTH. Do you understand?! SY! I feel like I've been with them a long time now. Or they've been with me. I don't know, I can't expand further because all of a sudden, it got personal. <3>
I've been unable to post my live video footage, I got two whole songs. Amazingly, the quality isn't so bad. It'll get here eventually.
Steve, Lee, Mark, Kim & Thurston
Lee, Mark, Kim & Thurston
Kim, Thurston
Kim, Thurston
Kim, Thurston
Lee
Steve, Mark
Thurston
SY
Lee, Mark & Kim
Kim, Thurston
Lee, Mark
SETLIST:
Incinerate
Bull In the Heather
Reena
100%
Mote
Do You Believe In Rapture
What A Waste
Cross the Breeze
Hey Joni
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Drunken Butterfly (ENCORE)
1 comment:
Um, we've been listening to SY since JUNIOR HIGH. Wtf!
Post a Comment